Thursday, December 8, 2011

Little Chef McElroy

Miles loves to help out in the kitchen. Unless given direction (and tied down to a chair), his version of helping consists of emptying drawers and cabinets. Mornings are always hard, since Jesse and I are usually tired (given our son's unsavory habit of waking up at 5:30am) and Miles is itching to sieze the day. Luckily, we've all developed our routines. Miles sits on the counter and helps out with the coffee. Even though he's done it more times than I can count, grinding the beans is always exciting. 

After coffee, Miles helps his grandmother make tea and toast that they then share. Miles has taken to eating his buttered toast with two plastic forks, one for each hand. As soon as Mary Ann steps out of her door, Miles runs down the hall yelling "tea! tea! tea!" He gets indignant when that doesn't happen right away. No time for showers. Tea! TEA! TEA! 


Some mornings, I spend the last few minutes before Mile's first nap prepping for dinner. On the menu this week was bean soup. Miles gladly helped me out with prep work:







No comments:

Post a Comment