Friday, December 2, 2011

Chatterbox

From the time Miles wakes up until he passes out in the evening, he's a chatterbox. He chats to himself, to anyone in the room who will listen, and even to his teddy bear at nap time. In addition to the list of words from a couple of weeks ago, he's added a few more:


Grandma: Munga Munga (not sure how that happened, but he's consistent)
Toes: "Dooos" while pointing to his feet
Teddy: "Teddy" he'll even identify teddy bears in photos
Door: "Do" loves closing doors when they're open, that goes for cabinets too
Thank you: "tanku" only repeats when you say it to him
Ouch: "owwch" says it when he hits you (not super helpful, but he knows it hurts)
Milk: "Muuulk" 
Good night: "night night" says it when he's sleepy
Dog: "doggie" and follows with "roof roof"
Sandwich: "whee wish" points and asks for his almond butter sandwiches
Cheese: "chees"
More: "moar"
Poop: "boo poo" has started to alert me when his diaper is dirty
Hat & Head: "Ha" 
Blanket: "me me" not sure how that one happened, but it's definitely blanket


Some of his words are purely contextual and some are in his secret Miles language that only I (or Jesse) can understand. He's doing a pretty good job at communicating, but there are some days when I have no idea what he's saying and it's very frustrating for us both. I've gotten to the point where I'll sit in the middle of the room while he's yelling and pointing at some unknown thing and tell him to bring it to me. If he can reach, he'll walk over to what he wants and will bring it to me. Hence, how I figured out that his yellow blanket is "me me". Luckily he understands a lot more than he can say! 

No comments:

Post a Comment