Sunday, April 3, 2011

Bath Time

I purchased a non-slip mat for the bath so Miles can have the whole tub to himself. This was a quick decision made after a leisurely bath in the late morning when his head got red, he bared down, and grunted. I gasped, grabbed him under the armpits, and jumped out of the tub. In this case, I didn't scare the poop out of him, but scared him into not pooping -- hopefully this doesn't impact future potty training efforts. I decided that it was time for him to bathe free range, so to speak, and if he wanted to soil his water then he'd be the only one impacted. 

Also, he's gotten so squirmy and active that he just needed more space and less water in order to roam. Solo bath time was a success. He loves sticking his hand in the water and watching as it gets blurry and wavy. Splashing is also fun and I especially love the look of shock when the water gets on his face. He doesn't seem to mind at all and splashes even harder the next time. Sucking on towels is also great fun, as is crawling around looking for toys. 

He also loves to trying to stand on his own without the help of me or the side of the tub. I nearly had a heart attack when he tried the first time and he giggled at my anguish. More annoyingly, he also loves grabbing the shower rack, which unhinges and threatens to fall on his head. I gently distract him from trying to stand, but firmly say "no" and shake my finger at him when he grabs at the shower rack. I'm not sure it's working, but look at that face. How could you be annoyed at that for long?

No comments:

Post a Comment