Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Four Months

I'm a few days late posting about Miles' four month birthday. The chaos of the holidays left me little time to blog. Miles went in for his four month checkup today, so here are the stats:

Weight: 15lbs 6.5oz (56th %)
Height: 24.5" (28th %)*
Head: 16.5"  (35th %)
Sleep: Not much

As you can see, Miles has stayed about average in his weight, but is falling behind in growth for height. I swear his torso keeps growing at lightning speed, so he roughly has the proportions of a wiener dog. I'm sure his eyes will permanently roll in the back of his head someday when he finds out I compared him to a stumpy canine. What? The numbers don't lie.

He may be short, but he's strong as an ox (or a nine-month-old). The pediatrician was once again stunned by his feats of strength -- he now pushes himself up so far on his arms that they completely straighten and he flings his body forward in attempt to crawl. In another daring feat, today he stood unassisted by me while just holding on to some of his dangling toys. Both Jesse and I were pretty stunned.




* I remeasured him at home and got 25", which puts him more in the 38th % for height.

No comments:

Post a Comment