My last post was (gasp) over two months ago and Little had just turned two. We've been super busy with travel and life and I have been terribly negligent in documenting this exciting time in his life.
Little started at a nearby Montessori school at the beginning of September. It has been wonderful and overwhelming, and at times, almost more than I can handle. The school does not "do" diapers, meaning that at 2 years old, the kids transition to training underwear and proceed to pee all over themselves all day (well at least in our experience).
The first two weeks were rough. Major drama at home with potty training, learning new skills, and going from a relatively free-for-all day with our wonderful nanny share to a very structured day with "work," waiting your turn, and Spanish immersion.
Fast forward two months and we're still having rough days, but I think the school is doing great things. He frequently goes days with only one or two accidents, sings songs all day long, is speaking in rather complex sentences, and is more independent than ever. He can put on underwear, his pants and shirt himself. Socks still cause tantrums, but if we do it together, he happily finishes the job by yanking them up to his knees "like soccer socks."
I need to keep up with all of his changes and new tricks. A new years resolution for sure.
**I've just been informed that Little put his socks on by himself this morning. See, I can't even keep up with this pace, even when I do actually try.
No comments:
Post a Comment