We went to Miles' 15-month check up on Friday (a little over a month late) and he's the picture of perfect health. Right on track with his height, weight, and development. While waiting for the nurse to give him his vaccines, my mom and I were reading over the handout from the doctor's office on babies age 15-18 months: "By 18 months, he will have a vocabulary of 4-10 words." My mom and I chuckled and agreed that he probably has about two dozen words under his belt by now.
So, we got home that evening and started to make a list out of curiosity. By the end, we had tallied about 100 words that he not only verbalizes, but understands and regularly initiates on his own. No wonder I sometimes wish he has a mute button. I thought about documenting some of them here, but for lack of time and energy, I neatly tucked that list in his baby book (which I will update someday when I have more free time).
And I would be remiss if I didn't document his newest "smile". It's a combo stinky face and cheese face from long ago. I get it whenever I ask him go smile for the camera -- hopefully a short-lived phase.
No comments:
Post a Comment