Miles went in for his 9-month checkup today (a week late because his mom neglected to make the appointment on time). I filled out a questionnaire about motor skills, communication, and social activities and he scored very high in all categories -- meaning he's right on track with where he needs to be. And of course insanely talented (no bias here).
The pediatrician assured me that his refusal to eat with a spoon is perfectly normal and that he may soon change his mind about purees. Or not. Either way he's perfectly healthy and Jesse and I are doing the right things by offering food that he can pick up and supplementing with breast milk and formula. However, she suggested that we not give up on the spoon entirely. This may just be a phase.
Stats:
Height: 29" (71 %)
Weight: 19.8 lbs (34 %)
Head: 18" (60 %)
I was kind of surprised at his weight. We clocked him in at 20 pounds a couple of weeks ago. However, he was holding on to the side of the scale today when he was weighed and also, I'm pretty sure he just went through a growth spurt. He was looking super chubby when we were down in Houston, but now he looks really long. That coupled with the fact that this kid never stops moving. He is the busiest baby I know!
The pediatrician assured me that his refusal to eat with a spoon is perfectly normal and that he may soon change his mind about purees. Or not. Either way he's perfectly healthy and Jesse and I are doing the right things by offering food that he can pick up and supplementing with breast milk and formula. However, she suggested that we not give up on the spoon entirely. This may just be a phase.
Stats:
Height: 29" (71 %)
Weight: 19.8 lbs (34 %)
Head: 18" (60 %)
I was kind of surprised at his weight. We clocked him in at 20 pounds a couple of weeks ago. However, he was holding on to the side of the scale today when he was weighed and also, I'm pretty sure he just went through a growth spurt. He was looking super chubby when we were down in Houston, but now he looks really long. That coupled with the fact that this kid never stops moving. He is the busiest baby I know!
No comments:
Post a Comment